With 14 kilometres of white sandy beaches directly in front of the park, Dunk Island opposite and the Cassowary conservation park at the rear, the choices are endless. Here are just a few...
All the time
- Seasonal outdoor movie night - (weather permitting) - BYO chairs, food and drinks.
- Hire a fat wheel beach bike and cruise the 14 kilometres of beaches directly in front of the park.
- Hire a jetski or boat (always weather permitting), directly across the road from the park and discover the beauty of the Family Islands group.
- Watch and photograph the endangered southern cassowaries strolling through the park on an almost daily basis at the moment. Father (call sign Craig) and one chick are currently visiting approximately twice a day. Separately, a large female (now named Millie) is also a regular.
- Beachcomber's on site licensed cafe/kiosk is open from 7.30 am to 8.00 pm, 7 days a week - Excellent pizza, burgers, fish and chips and more.
- Mission Thai - directly opposite the park and open usually from Thursday to Mondays.
- Coming soon.......Tuskers Bistro - operating from the Surf Life Saving Club (500m down the road), Friday - Sunday and public holidays 12 - 9.
- Mission Beach Market on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, year round from 7.30 am to 12 noon - Held at Day Park, Porter Promenade, Mission Beach. Local arts, crafts and produce.
- Mission Beach Monster Market on the 4th Sunday of the month from May to November. HUGE market with local art, craft and produce suppliers from far and wide.
Our knowledgeable and friendly staff can provide practical local advice of things to do and see and we offer a free tour booking service.
- Cruise and visit Dunk Island and the Family Island group
- Skydive and land on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba the Great Barrier Reef
- White water rafting
- Fishing (BYO boat, charter or from the beach)
- Crocodile spotting tours and mud crabbing
- Horse riding
- Sea kayaking
- Art gallery
- Tour the waterfalls and swimming holes
- Scenic drives
- Rainforest and beach walks
- Tour the local chocolate farm and experience the end product!
- Wine and food tours